Shhhhh. Don't tell my husband, but I bought nine patterns in the last four days. NINE. (To be fair, three of them were in a bundle pack, so it was really like only buying one...right?)
Just kidding, anyway. He knows. Nine patterns, two shopping trips for fabric, and all he says is "Don't spend a million dollars." Don't worry, honey. I didn't get close to a million. A hundred, maybe. But not a million.
Actually, I didn't do too badly at all. I make a point of buying patterns when they're on sale, or at crazy bundle pack prices, so I save a lot that way. And most of my fabric comes from remnants or red tag bolts at JoAnn, so I save a lot there, too. I don't know what I'm going to do when my girls are bigger and I can't get a dress out of a fat quarter or two - probably stop sewing for them and either hope I have more babies to sew for or borrow someone else's. ;) I can't help it. I love sewing baby/toddler clothes.
I missed my "Five Things" post, since it's just after midnight now. But I'm thinking to move it to Monday anyway - just because I never seem to be around much on Sunday, and it's a day off, anyway. So, for today - Five Things that made me happy today. (Er, yesterday.)
1. Going visiting. Dave and I and the girls went to his parents' house for a few hours, and with assorted family and friends around, it really was a fun day. We didn't even do much of anything, aside from a quick trip to JoAnn Fabrics. Just being around other people was something we really needed after a week of it being just the four of us.
2. New patterns and fabrics. Of course. I only bought things I have an actual plan for, thank goodness, so I came out not a whole lot poorer. I only buy the cheap stuff, as I said, and thanks to some quality remnants (today was a good day!) I have some decent material to work with. And JUST enough of it, too, thanks to the small sizes I deal with. (I have piles of fabric downstairs. But there's just something about buying a new piece, and seeing the finished product it will make in your head...)
3. Nat's speech. My toddler is talking more and more, and it is the cutest. thing. ever. Some of the words she comes out with are surprising, especially when it's in an (almost) proper sentence - like tonight in the car, when the baby was crying. "Quiet, Sam! Shh! Ok? (asking if Sam's okay.) Shush, baby!" She was reading parts of "Go, Dog. Go!" to herself - "Hewwo! Hewwo! Ike a hat? No, not! Buh-bye! Buh-bye!" (Hello! Hello! Do you like my hat? I do not like it! Goodbye! Goodbye!) She sings "Wees ona bus, rounanrounanroun!" (Wheels on the Bus). She's my favorite. Toddler.
4. Sam's rolling is improving. She got herself from her back to her front today and actually got her arms out in front of her, so she wasn't stuck bobbing her head up and down, frantically trying to keep it off the floor while her arm is stuck underneath. I can't believe she's four months old already.
5. I know I already mentioned the fabric, but one piece in particular I'm very excited about. It's almost 3/4 of a yard of brown crushed taffeta, and it's going to play a part in Nat and Sam's Christmas dresses. Provided I don't screw them up, but I won't, because I'm so ridiculously excited about them. Actually, thinking about Christmas in general is making me very happy - the dresses, Sam's stocking, my ornaments, and a myriad of small projects that I'm keeping in mind for gifts. I am going to be very busy for the next few months. I love it.